At TonyDonofrio.com we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Visitors to this site have the option to provide contact information to which a private response will be provided. Visitors have the option to only visit and not leave any contact information.
Information we may collect through this website
Collection directly from you
Most of the personal data we process about you comes directly from you for example:
- when you contact us (by email, phone, mail or in person)
- when you request a report or consume our content
- when you subscribe to our newsletter
- when you sign up to attend or sponsor an event
- when you become a designated contact and/or an authorized user on one of our platforms
- when you express an interest in our products and services
Web Search Engines when you contact us or engage with this website, emails or apps
We automatically collect information about you as follows:
Online search engines which rank the popularity of web sites may automatically track and log your visits to TonyDonofrio.com. This may include collecting data through cookies.
Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which track and store information about your use of the website.
TonyDonofrio.com does not currently collect or leverage this information.
Information obtained from other sources
We may obtain publicly available professional information about you (as detailed in the Data Processed section below) from third parties or online publications. This information is used in the following ways:
- to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date
- to ensure that we have all the information we need to provide or offer you with a product or service
- to help us to provide the best service possible, in the most efficient manner
Why we process your data
This section details the information that we may we collect, the purpose for its collection and use, and the legal basis for the processing.
Purposes might be:
- To enhance efficiencies for buyers and sellers within retail and related markets by enabling buyers and sellers in the retail industry to have more relevant conversations.
- To provide you and your organization with TonyDonofrio.com products and services.
- To respond to your communications and to retain a record for quality and training purposes.
- To contact you or to stay in touch with you about our products and services.
- To send you confirmation and further event information. We will also use your name at the event to confirm attendance and ensure your health and safety when you attend in person.
- Informing our product and services strategy to enhance and personalize our customer experience and offerings.
- Informing our marketing strategy to ensure our communications with you are relevant.
- To determine your interest in our products and services.
Types of data:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- To improve attendee experience at our events and offer products and services that better meet the customer needs and desires.
- Event sessions attened
- Traffic flow at events
- To monitor the performance of our websites, emails and apps and improve user experience.
- Web log server information (see above); and other activity by you when you engage with our products, for example buttons and menu items clicked; files downloaded; emails opened and links clicked.
- To ensure network and information security; examples:
- IP Address
- Browser type and operating system
- Pages visited during your visit
- Source of your visit to our websites and apps (e.g. the URL or link which referred you to our products)
Special Categories of Personal Data
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect any other special categories of personal data from individuals and we request that you please do not submit any other special categories of personal data to us.
Sharing of Data
TonyDonofrio.com legitimate interest to process your personal data for these purposes:
- with third parties who help manage our business and deliver services. These third parties have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and use any personal information we share with them or which they collect on our behalf solely for the purpose of providing the contracted service to us. These include: IT service providers, customer relationship management services and marketing automation, solutions and analytics providers
- with third parties where you have given your consent, for example when requesting selected content. Please note that some of our sponsors may collect your data at our events themselves for their own purposes
- with event sponsors so that they can better plan their sponsorship to enhance attendee experience and, where applicable, to choose invitees to private briefings, meetings or dinners. These sponsors have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and agreed to use any personal information we share with them solely for this purpose
- with our regulators, to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies
- we may share in aggregate, statistical form, non-personal information regarding the users of our websites, emails and apps, and traffic and usage patterns, with our partners or affiliates
- if you are using the service under a corporate subscription, or through an agent, we may share personally identifiable user data with your subscribing organization
- if, in the future, we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets to a third party, we may disclose information to a potential or actual third party purchaser of our business or assets
Explaining more about direct marketing and profiling
How we use personal information to keep you up to date with our products and services
We may use personal information to let you know about TonyDonofrio.com products and services that we believe will be of interest to you. We may contact you by email, post, or telephone or through other communication channels that we think you may find helpful. In all cases, we will respect your preferences for how you would like us to manage marketing activity with you.
How you can manage your marketing preferences
To protect privacy rights and to ensure you have control over how we manage marketing with you:
- we will take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level and only send you communications which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you
- you can ask us to stop direct marketing at any time - you can ask us to stop sending email marketing, by contacting us on www.TonyDonofrio.com
- you can change the way your browser manages cookies by following the settings on your browser
When and how we undertake profiling and analytics
In order to understand your interest in our products and services and/or to ensure that we only send you communications which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you we analyze your engagement with our website, content, products and services. For example, your level of engagement or a specific topic of engagement will lead us to infer what is of most interest to you and if we may offer you similar further content or related services.
When you visit the TONYDONOFRIO.COM websites, TonyDonofrio.com uses ‘cookie’ technology try to make that experience simple, personalized and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information that are issued to your computer or any device you use to access the internet when you visit a website, and which track and store information about your use of the website. A number of cookies TonyDonofrio.com uses last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- create a specific login session for a visitor to the TonyDonofrio.com website in order for that page requested to be delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner
- recognize when a visitor to a TonyDonofrio.com website has visited before; this means TonyDonofrio.com can identify the number of unique visitors TonyDonofrio.com receives to the website and allows TonyDonofrio.com to make sure TonyDonofrio.com has enough capacity for the number of users that TonyDonofrio.com gets
- recognize who you are, so that we can customize elements of the layout and/or content of the website, including promotions;
- store your product selections to the shopping basket as available
- collect statistical information about how TonyDonofrio.com visitors use the website(s) so that TonyDonofrio.com can improve the Website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors
- gather information through TonyDonofrio.com’s advertising partners, about the pages on the TonyDonofrio.com website(s) that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in an ‘interest segment’. This information is then used to serve interest-based advertisements that it is believed will be targeted to your interests. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests
Some of the cookies used by TonyDonofrio.com websites are set by TonyDonofrio.com, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on TonyDonofrio.com’s behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different browsers. Please note however, if you block or delete cookies used on an TonyDonofrio.com website(s) you may not be able to take full advantage of the website(s).
Third party cookies
Certain cookies are either set by third parties on the websites or these are set by TonyDonofrio.com using the third parties’ cookie code. More information about cookies placed by third parties and how to restrict or block cookies can be accessed by following the link to the third party’s website. In addition to cookies, invisible tracking pixels, sometimes known as web beacons, may be set by TonyDonofrio.com or third parties in respect of your use of the website. Tracking pixels are small image files within the content of TonyDonofrio.com’s site or the body of our emails so TonyDonofrio.com or third parties can understand how customers are engaging with our website and emails and whether particular content is of interest.
The Cookies we use:
Adtech - Adtech is TONYDONOFRIO.COM’s online ad server used for serving and tracking advertisements across the TONYDONOFRIO.COM websites.
WebTrends (WT.FPC) - WebTrends uses a cookie to track the number of unique users of this website. It basically tells us whether the website has a small number of regular visitors or a large number of infrequent visitors. The cookie only relates to what goes on in this website.
Google Analytics(utma/utmb/utmc/utmz) - These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. TONYDONOFRIO.COM use the information to compile reports and to help TONYDONOFRIO.COM improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.
AddThis - AddThis helps TONYDONOFRIO.COM to integrate social media sharing tools such as Facebook and Twitter into TONYDONOFRIO.COM’s websites, and to measure the effectiveness of these sharing tools.
DoubleClick (Google) - DoubleClick use a cookie when it serves advertisements in order to deliver reports on the effectiveness of these advertisements on TONYDONOFRIO.COM’s website. The cookie records what advertisements the user has seen and how often.
Twitter (guest_id, personalization_id, _gid, _ga) - When you view pages on our websites containing embedded Twitter content or buttons, you may receive Twitter cookies.
Facebook - When you view pages on our websites containing embedded Facebook content or buttons, you may receive Facebook cookies.
LinkedIn (JSESSIONID, bcookie, bscookie, lang, lidc) - When you view pages on our websites containing embedded LinkedIn content or buttons, you may receive LinkedIn cookies.
Marketo (mkto_trk) - TonyDonofrio.com uses Marketo to manage and serve our email newsletters, marketing, and some operational emails and so you may receive Marketo cookies while using our websites, emails and apps.
We retain your information for no longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. In determining how long your information will be stored, we will consider:
- the purpose(s) and use of your information both now and in the future
- what information we need to
- best provide you with products and services
- manage your relationship with us
- meet our statutory obligations
- develop our products and services
- meet our customers’ and previous customers’ reasonable expectations
Geographic Data Transfers
TonyDonofrio.com may need to transfer your personal data outside the EEA to provide the best service possible to our customers and in the most efficient manner. In all instances, we take steps to ensure that transfers of personal information are in accordance with applicable law and carefully managed to protect your privacy rights and interests and transfers are limited to countries which are recognized as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where we can be satisfied that alternative arrangement are in place to protect your privacy rights. To this end:
- where we transfer your personal information outside TonyDonofrio.com or to third parties who help provide our products and services, we obtain contractual commitments from them to protect your personal information. Some of these assurances are well recognized certification schemes like the EU - US Privacy Shield for the protection of personal information transferred from within the EU to the United States; or
- where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before any personal information are disclosed
Data Subjects' Rights within the EEA
In the EEA, data subjects have the following rights:
- to request access to your information and information related to our use and processing of your information
- to request the correction of your information (we may seek to verify the accuracy of the personal information before rectifying it)
- in certain situations to ask us to erase, block or restrict the personal information we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal information
- in certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal information you have given us to a third party
- to ask to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside of the EEA
- to withdraw your consent to our use of your information at any time where we rely on your consent to use or process that information. This will not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your data prior to your withdrawal
- to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes, namely:
- in certain circumstances to us using or processing your information where we use or process it in order to carry out a task in the public interest or for our legitimate interests
- to object to us using or processing your information for direct marketing purposes. You may also exercise your right to object to us using or processing your information for direct marketing purposes by clicking the unsubscribe link contained at the bottom of any marketing email we send to you and updating your preferences, or as a subscriber by visiting the preference centre on our website and changing your preferences
For more information on how to object to our use of information collected from cookies and similar technologies, please see the Cookies section above.
You can exercise your rights by writing at www.TonyDonofrio.com
Do not Track
Some browsers offer a “do not track” (“DNT”) option. For information about Do Not Track, please visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
Third Party Websites
To access certain parts of the TonyDonofrio.com websites, TonyDonofrio.com may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
You are reminded that where you register you agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data")
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date
Persons 18 or under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children. We do not knowingly contact or collect information from persons under the age of 18. The website is not intended to solicit information of any kind from persons under the age of 18.
If you believe that we have received information pertaining to or from persons under the age of 18 please contact us via www.TonyDonofrio.com. If we become aware that a person under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.